The submission of an article implies that the work has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis or as an electronic preprint), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere including electronically in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
All data relating to the article must be made available in Supplementary files or deposited in external repositories and it must be submitted if it is requested.
Changes to Authorship
Tahkik Journal accepts the add and drop or rearrangement of author names in an accepted manuscript before publication. Before the accepted manuscript is published, requests to add or remove an author, or to rearrange the author names, must be sent to the Journal Secretary by the corresponding author. This request must include:
• The reason the name should be added or removed, or the author names rearranged and
• Written confirmation (e-mail, fax, letter) from all authors that they agree with the addition, removal or rearrangement. In the case of addition or removal of authors, this includes confirmation from the author being added or removed.
Requests that are not sent by the corresponding author will be forwarded by the Journal Secretary to the corresponding author, who must follow the procedure as described above. Note that: (1) the Journal Secretary will inform the Journal Editors of any such requests and (2) the publication of the accepted manuscript in an issue will be suspended until authorship has been agreed. After the manuscript is published any requests to add, drop or rearrange author names will not be taken into consideration.
Authors should add their papers a confirmation of copyright of the article submitted to Tahkik Journal, a sample is shown below.
“The attached article(s), whose writer(s) and title(s) are clearly indicated below, has/have been sent for your consideration to be published in Tahkik Journal. The article(s) has/have yet to be published anywhere else, nor has/have the article(s) been sent to another journal for consideration. In the case that any or all of the article be accepted for publication, we affirm that all publishing rights shall belong permanently to Tahkik Journal for each accepted article.
As the writer(s) whose signature(s) appear below, I/we accept all the conditions found in the Author Guidelines section and affirm that the below article(s) has/have been written in accordance to the ethical rules stated therein. I/we furthermore affirm that all accompanying articles are original works, that all articles are accompanied with their original copyright forms, that the writer(s) transfere/s all editing rights to the Publications Board for the Tahkik Journal, and that all copyrights, including registered copyrights, shall be transferred to the Tahkik Journal upon acceptance.”
Online Submission System
Tahkik Journal uses the Open Journal System (OJS) for article submission. Submissions proceeds totally online through our web site.
Open Journal Systems (OJS) is a journal management and publishing system that has been developed by the Public Knowledge Project through its federally funded efforts to expand and improve access to research. OJS assists with every stage of the refereed publishing process, from submissions through to online publication and indexing. Through its management systems, it’s finely grained indexing of research, and the context it provides for research, OJS seeks to improve both the scholarly and public quality of refereed research. OJS is open source software made freely available to journals worldwide for the purpose of making open access publishing a viable option for more journals, as open access can increase a journal's readership as well as its contribution to the public good on a global scale.
The following list will be useful during the final checking of an article prior to submission. Please consult this Guide for Authors for further details of any item and ensure that the following items are present:
• In the first page, the full name and affiliation of all author(s)
• If article is written by two or more authors one author should be defined as corresponding author. In the first page, name, mailing address, work/mobile phone numbers, and e-mail address(es) of corresponding author.
• an abstract between 150 and 200 words and 5-8 keywords in Turkish or Arabic and a title
• an abstract between 150 and 200 words and 5-8 keywords in English.
• a long summary in English between 1500 and 2000 words. This extended summary should include the title in English, sub-topics of the article, and all references (This section may be submitted after acceptance).
• All figure captions; all figures supplied as a separate file in suitable formats (.jpg, .pdf or .png), printable resolution and proper size.
• All tables (including title, description, footnotes)
• Manuscript has been spell-checked and grammar-checked
• References are in the correct format (Tahkik uses the ISNAD Citation System (İSNAD Atıf Sistemi) in the Turkish section and it is based on the Principles of Critical Editions of ISAM (İSAM Tahkikli Neşir Esasları, İTNES) in Arabic section.)
• All references mentioned in the text are listed in the bibliography and vice versa
• Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Web)
• The Research / Dirase section of the review articles may be in Turkish, Arabic, English and other languages deemed appropriate by the editorial board.
Copyediting and Proofreading
The main research field of the Tahkik is the Islamic sciences. It incorporates the research and publication in divinity comprising main Islamic sciences, philosophy, theology, Islamic history and arts, as well as history and philosophy. In addition to the critical editions and reviews related to the themes stated above, the articles that present transcription into Latin alphabet (Latinization), intra-language translation, translation of a text, original research articles, review and debate essays are welcome for publication in the Critique. Mainly concentrating on treatises in Islamic sciences, the critical editions of treatises in Arabic, Ottoman Turkish, and Persian will be published in the Tahkik.
Please write your text in good Turkish, Arabic or English. Articles in Turkish must have an extended English abstract. Authors who think their English and the edition section needs copyediting may request help from Journal Secretary. Tahkik Journal will find somebody for this. Charges for this service belong to the Authors.
Queuing for Publishing
After all review and copyediting processes completed Editorial Board will decide for the issue in which the article will take place. Normally the articles are listed according to submission dates. But in some cases there may be some exceptions related with the special issues and focused files. The author(s) will be informed about this decision.
If author needs and demands an acceptance letter showing the status of the article may be supplied by editorial board.
Open Access System
Tahkik Journal has an open access policy. All of published articles and reviews can be reached at https://tahqiq.org/en
Copies of the Journal
A hardcopy of the Journal will also be sent to all author(s). Besides this, the corresponding author, at no cost, will be provided with a PDF file of the article via e-mail.