• The Tahkik Journal of Critical Editions of Islamic Manuscripts is a peer reviewed quarterly academic journal publishing articles in both research part and edition part.
• In order to gain acceptance, all articles submitted to Tahkik for evaluation must have never been previously published.
• Submissions are first reviewed by the editorial board. If an article satisfies the necessary conditions of style and content, reviewers will then proceed to evaluate its suitability for publication.
• All articles undergo evaluation by two anonymous reviewers. If necessary, the article may be sent to a third reviewer for further assessment. The publication of an article depends upon the approval of these reviewers. Authors must provide the necessary corrections demanded by reviewers.
• The articles are screened for ethical control in the iThenticate and / or Turnitin Plagiarism Analysis Program.
• In general, any submitted work should provide the following formatting conditions.
o Although there is no page limit, the editorial board has the authority to decide the articles that are too long.
o Tables, figures, pictures, and graphs should fit the journal page. If needed, they may be written in a smaller font size and their text may be single spaced.
o Tables and graphs should be numbered consecutively in accordance with their appearance in the text. Place footnotes to tables below the table body and indicate them with superscript lowercase letters. Avoid vertical rules. Be sparing in the use of tables and ensure that the data presented in tables does not duplicate results described elsewhere in the article.
• In a separate first page the full name and institutional affiliation of all author(s) and mailing address(es), work/mobile phone number(s), and e-mail address(es) of the corresponding author(s) should be included.
• The study must include the following sections:
o A Turkish title and abstract between 150 and 200 words including 5-8 keywords.
o An English and Arabic title abstract between 150 and 200 words including 5-8 keywords.
• A long summary in English should be added for the articles in Turkish. This extended summary should be between 750-1,500 words, including the English title, sub-topics of the article, and all references. This section may be sent after the study has been accepted for publication.
• Tahkik uses the ISNAD Citation System (İSNAD Atıf Sistemi) in the Turkish section and it is based on the Principles of Critical Editions of ISAM (İSAM Tahkikli Neşir Esasları, İTNES) in Arabic section.
• Articles should be submitted using the online submission system to initiate the editing process. An automatic confirmation e-mail will be sent after submission. If you do not receive this e-mail, please contact us via e-mail with firstname.lastname@example.org.
The journal does not demand any article processing or submission charges from authors.